What Brings Clients to Coaching?
Although people come to coaching for their own unique reasons, twelve themes are commonly cited by clients when they make the decision to invest in working with a wellness, health, or fitness coach:
1. Quick Fixes Over – “I’m done with quick fixes and want to make changes that last.”
2. Precious Asset – “I have decided that health is my most precious asset and I’m ready to invest for the long term.”
3. Get off the Fence – “I am fed up with sitting on a fence and want to commit to a wellness path.”
4. Not about Weight – “I realize that it’s about wellness and not weight.”
5. Be the Boss – “I want to be the boss of my health and wellness and quit delegating responsibility to others.”
6. Health Style – “I’d like to develop my unique health style rather than use one-size-fits-all approaches.”
7. Mental Game – “I know what to do and now want to master the mental game, turning intention into reality.”
8. Peak Performance – “I recognize that to reach peak performance at home and work I need peak wellness.”
9. Big Picture / Small Steps – “I know that an extreme makeover isn’t the answer and I want to take small steps which are powerful.”
10. Confidence – “I’m finished with self-doubt and want to build confidence in my ability to master wellness.”
11. Winning the Wellness Game – “I want to focus on winning the wellness game and not losing or quitting.”
12. Close the Gap – “I want to close the gap between where I am and where I want to be when it comes to my health and well-being.”
Here what the leader of Google says about coaching. This is short but to the point:
The mission of On Track is to improve the health status of those we serve, with a commitment to compassion and excellence in all that we do. Our mission is achieved through the combined efforts of the healthcare team and community partnerships.
On Track seeks to promote the physical and emotional well-being of our clients by providing strong, effective disease prevention, health promotion and educational services.
On Track is an ethical, compassionate health care organization, committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Our consultants seek to guide our clients through the health and wellness challenges confronting them today and prepare them for tomorrow.
We treat all individuals with respect, understanding, support, kindness, honesty, sensitivity, and compassion.
We create learning environments that will help clients make informed health decisions for the development of healthy lifestyles.
We seek excellence in service with a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
We provide safe, effective, efficient, confidential, responsible, and cost effective care based on professional standards and a psychosocial approach to care. We provide compassionate and competent services.
We respect each client and treat every one with respect and dignity.
We act with honesty, integrity and fairness in the conduct of our business.